Re: TIB: Faster Getkey??? (was GetKey)

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Faster Getkey??? (was GetKey)

In a message dated 12/5/98 2:13:37 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sandia@rocler.qc.ca writes:

> Am I
>  right in assuming that in a large program, it takes even longer to
>  find the label?

Yup.  I wrote a bunch of linear 4K text RPG's (lots of menus, lbls, and gotos)
last year, and the farther it got into the program, the more slowly it went.
I really don't know why, I have a pretty limited knowledge of the Z80, but I
think that it searches the program for the label's mem address, not a list of
all of them.  My only reason for thinking this is that my Game Over message
was at the end of the program, and if you died early on, it took a while to
display it.

Tatsuo (Bored to death trying to fix those memory errors:))