TIB: idea->86ASM Module Builder

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: idea->86ASM Module Builder

Hey TI86 BASIC programmers:

Last night I came up with a little idea.....
What do you think about an on-calculator compiler that will allow you to
create mini ASM programs (modules) that can be called by your TI-BASIC
prgms to expand their functionality?  I am thinking this prgm will allow
you to create mini ASM programs in the TI-BASIC editor using BASIC-like
commands, and then compile the commands into an Assembly program.  This
compiler will not allow you to create full-blown assembly programs, but
will give you a few commands to do fast graphics, etc. that could
otherwise not be done with TI-BASIC.  The purpose of this ASM Module
Builder will be to allow BASIC programmers to mix Basic and ASM to create
more powerful programs.

Here are some example commands I thought of:

Contrast(     ; will increase or decrease screen contrast
Sprite(         ; 8x8 aligned sprite (for creating moving characters like
Mario)
Tilemap(      ; create a fast-drawing overhead Map (like in Legend of
Zelda)
Shutdown    ; turn off calc
Line(           ; Line command with new options like erasing the line
RunOn/Off   ; turns the prgm run indicator on/off
FreeMem    ; will display free mem at given coordinates
Reset         ; will reset calc
Run(           ; Run a TI-BASIC prgm
Invert          ; will invert text (white text on black background)
Asmpic       ; will draw an ASM picture stored in a string (about 400
bytes)
                    instead of a TIOS picture (1010+ bytes).
Rename(     ;will rename a variable
Sound(        ;output sound through linkport
Outpt(         ;display text, etc.

Ok, I am NOT saying that I will program this, I am just THINKING about
programming it.  Tell me what you think and if there are any other
commands you would like to see.

Thanks,
Philip G.
pmadsen@juno.com

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]