Re: TIB: 92+ Test var size

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: 92+ Test var size

>ASM can test the size of the variable, otherwise, you can manually test
>variable size by formulas.  For example, Strings are consisted of the
length
>of the string plus 5, expressions change from 4 bytes for 0, 5 bytes for 1
>255, 6 bytes for 256 to 65536, etc.

Unfortunately, I don't know asm for the 92+.  I'm too busy learning Visual
Basic and C/C++ to worry about a programming language for a calculator, too.
I don't even know asm for pcs.  If you or somebody else could whip up an asm
program that doesn't require a shell or kernel (like PlusShell or DoorsOS)
to test the size in bytes of _any_ variable (mainly pics) or a program that
actually gives the dimensions of a pic variable, I would be grateful.  Could
this be done using exec()?  (i realize this is more asm than basic, but im
not subscribed to the asm list (because i don't know asm) If someone could
forward this and get back to me...)

"Maybe I wasn't really listening.
And you see I don't speak for the sake of speaking.
I speak from the heart.
My words reveal me.
And that's why
I have nothing to say to you"