TIB: STICK Fighters

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: STICK Fighters

> I had some success making a Mortal Kombat spin off. However, I was
> mainly concerned with speed and optimization. Check out my 82 version @:
> http://pcrm.dorm.utexas.edu/ti/DOWNLOAD.HTM#top 'n just download the zip
> file. Please be warned the readme files haven't been updated/completed.
>
> I personally think that my earlier attempts where much more interesting.
> I think that Arcade Games 1.0 has the most moves. There are also several
> hidden. If you would like the source let me know I'll be more than gald
> to share it.
>
> Later,
> Christopher Robin MacDougald

Here is a colection of screen shots I made for a friend. Ironicly, I've never
played MK, but everyone calls it a mortal Kombat clone, so I do to. Not all
the finishing move are shown, nor are all the weapons and moves, but it's
enough to give an idea of how the game works. One noteworthy mention, is that
the loop checks keys several times, and allows you to hit back in the same
loop that allowed the calc to hit you!

The TI-92 version is MUCH better. I'll try to get a screen shot of the Intro
screen. It initializes the local pics and essentialy shows the two characters.
It's in psuedo 3D (it's at an angle, so it gives a little dimention to the
images). The players have details such as the face of the player facing you,
the back of your head, and the chest of the shirtless fighters! Very detailed.
I worked out a GREAT way to do image switching using a base image and a single
pic to toggle active and incactive via the ZORpic command. You'll be able to
punch with theright or left, kick with the right or left, and even knock the
opponent on his butt with a kick in the chest!!!

If i get working on it, I'd feel it could only be better if it were ASM!!!

Richard Piotter
richfile@prairie.lakes.com

The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html

GraphicConverter Document

GIF image