Re: TIB: bug 92

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: bug 92

It's not so much that it "won't " run the program, but it is later in the
order of operations.  In DOS I think it goes Command.com; *.com; *.exe;
*.bat; *.pif  {pif?  maybe in '95, never tried it.
On Fri, 3 Apr 1998 22:23:54 -0700 gussie@alaska.net (Grant Stockly)
writes:

>On a PC if you have a command a program name it just ignores it...
>
>C:\copy con dir.bat
>dir
>dir
>dir
>ECHO Hello
>^Z
>
>typing:
>dir
>
>gives you a directory, and typing dir.bat gives you:
>
>*.bat
>
>a list with files that end with .bat...
>
>Get MacDOS and try it...I think you can copycon things...

>1.3

>name.  Hit
>>
>>Yeah, of course it'll do that!
>>
>>Every calc that uses a file name for variable will NOT allow you use
>commands
>>or functions as the name of any variable. This is because the calc
>can't
>>differentiate a command or a file name if they are identical. To keep
>the calc
>>from locking up, TI made a routine that essentialy traps you by
>givving an
>>error message, so the mistake is not made. If you could, your calc
>would lock
>>if you typed the command!!!
>>
>>Try it on any calc! Believe me! The same ought to be true with any
>programing
>>language such as C or BASIC or Pascal or anything Variable names
>can't be the
>>same as a command name! A Mac, and a few other computers will allow a
>file
>>name to be identical to command names because they don't have a built
>in text
>>based commands, however I doubt you can name a file identicaly to a
>system
>>file on a PC.
>>
>>It's just a limitation of most programable devices.
>>
>>It's actualy not a bug! It is to actualy protect you from a REAL
>crash, by
>>warning you you can't do that.
>>
>>Richard Piotter
>>richfile@prairie.lakes.com
>>
>>The Richfiles TI Hardware and BASIC web page:
>>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5081/Richfiles.html

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]