Re: TIB: Re: TI-Basic Digest V1 #40

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TIB: Re: TI-Basic Digest V1 #40

<< >My manual claims that you can draw a line by issuing a command
 >line(x1,y1,x2,y2), which is quite correct. Then it also claims that
 >line(x1,y1,x2,y2,0) would erase that very same line. This would be very
 >useful for me, but my calculator just ends up complaining about arguments.
 >
 >Hopefully this isn't a bug, I need that command:) So where is it?

 Not a bug, and I think I know what your problem is. I could be wrong here,
 but it has happened to me before...

 CHECK YOUR ARGUMENTS CAREFULLY FOR STRAY COMMAS.

 I bet you have the command: line(x1,y1,x2,y2,)

 At first glance, it looks like nothing is wrong, but if you check at the
 end there is an extra comma which will make it choke ;) If that doesn't
 work, then it's anyone's guess.

There is an error in the manual that says that you can turn off lines by
adding the zero to the end (like shown above).  it was a mistake carried over
from the ti-83.