TIB: Re: Wasting Time

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: Re: Wasting Time

>> >It's a hobby, that's why we do it.  We get a "kick" out of creating
something
>> >out of nothing.  Seeing things move around on the screen..and saying
Hey!  I
>> >did that!  I have total control over this!  It is our hobby, and we
don't
>> care
>> >what others think.
>> >

>> I think this is the most valid reply of all.. However.. why on the TI ?
>>
>Why not ???		AK
>P.S. Have you ever tried to program mastermind on a ti-58 with I even can't

>remember something around 300 STEPS or submarine hunt on 1k? That's it,
using
>the few resourses to their extent. We all like to have as much scientific
>possibility as available, but try to keep programs efficient and as small
as
>possible. On the ti, we ahve got more space to keep them, better graphics,
etc.
>but ( for me ) it is still the same. Programming for windows is not the fun
with
>thousands of preprogrammed functions t

Thats exactly what i think. It gives you a sort of satisfaction programming
in a
language that was meant for use with math on a machine you can hold in your
hand.
It's very satisfactory , especially when you program your firts math
equation,
your first home screen racing game , and then your first pong type game. All
of
these are pleasures that I have had thanks to my calculator. And being a
sophomore
in HS and doing this is even more satisfactory.

Ian Warner - dagon23@geocities.com - iwarner@ardsen.com
"Cocaine is gods way of telling you that you make too much money."
ICQ: 4139923