TIB: RE: some questions

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: RE: some questions

On the TI-85, to use a high score variable when you don't know if it is
going to exist, then the data should be stored in a vector. A vector is
like a list.

To see how they work, type the following at the home screen:

1\->\dim HIGHSCOR

HIGHSCOR now exists as a VECTR type variable with one element, and that
element has a value of 0. If it had already existed, then HIGHSCOR would
have been resized to one element, with its contents unchanged (at least the
contents that were not cut off beyond the first element). Just put that
line at the beginning of your program, so the variable will always exist
and will not be cleared if it already had existed.

Jeff Tyrrill
http://tyrrill-ticalc.home.ml.org/
http://ti-philes.home.ml.org/