TIB: A Disadvantage in TI-82 Basic, Modular Format

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TIB: A Disadvantage in TI-82 Basic, Modular Format

	Recently, I have been working on a group program for TI-82 Basic.
 I am deliberately avoiding the use of the Goto statement (for reasons
you do not need to be informed of); therefore, programming it as a group
program is ideal for my purposes.
	However, I have just been presented with a slight problem.
	My main program (called "B") has one "Repeat" loop and one "While
1" loop---one for the things that will happen most often and one for the
things that will happen least often (I do not want to have too many
subprograms, therefore, I decided on using the "two-loop" method instead
of making a separate program for the things that happen least often and
using "Return" in that subprogram).  In the second loop (the "While 1"
loop, in which the things that happen least often are coded), all
commands end with:

:prgmB

	Thus, this restarts the main program (prgmB) again *within* the
main program (prgmB).  It works correctly; however, I have noticed a
slight, sometimes gradual decrease in speed whenever it does this.  What
is doing this, and what can I do to correct this?  Keep in mind that I
run prgmB off of prgmA (which is a small subprogram used to inititiate
everything and store values to variables).
	I would really appreciate any helpful response.

	Thanks,
	minman