SD: Re: ASM implementation on the 82

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

SD: Re: ASM implementation on the 82

As soon as the TI73 was released I looked into making a shell for it. After
a bit of research I found that making a shell sould be possible, but since
very few people was using the TI73, and lack of time, I decided not to make
one.

The ROM of the TI73 looks a lot like the that of TI8x calcs. The ROM looks
quite a bit like the TI82 ROM with a functions moved around a bit, and is
pretty close to the TI83 ROM too.

Most of the functions used in asm programs are still present on page 0, and
can easily be found. Most of them seem to work in the same way as on the
other calcs. The ROM pages are organized a little different, probably more
like some of the other new calcs. The handler work in the same way and a
shell should have no problem using the input handler to start.

As far as I remember the TI73 does not use backup files which is a problem
when trying to make shells the way it has been done on other calcs. This
means that some other method od installing the shell has to de found. It
seems like making an application for the calc which acts as a shell would be
the best solution. This would requiera that some one figured out how to do
this, but once this has been done writing a shell should be no problem at
all.

I have some information on the TI73 written down, but most of it is just
random notes on some pieces of paper, so they need som cleaning up before
other people will be able to understand them (The notes contain the
information need to create 73-*.txt docs). Should some one get asm working
on a ti73 I will be glad to write the information down, and maybe help with
some source code for a shell (This will however have to wait untill around
september since I probably wont get the time before that).

Dines

BTW have a look at 82HACK.TXT, 82-VAR.TXT, and the info in the TI83 SDK as
this info should be very helpful in doing asm programming for the TI73.

 Dines Justesen
  We don't believe this to be a coincidence."     -- Jeremy S. Anderson
 Email: dines@aub.dk
 WWW:   www.student.dtu.dk/~c958362