Re: SD: Re: Dismissal from ticalc.org

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

At 08:23 PM 3/11/99 -0500, you wrote:

>The whole idea of a boycott is pointless.  Does Rabeler own the server?
>No, so does he have any say in who gets access to it?  No.  Will the
>boycott get him the position back?  No.  Will boycotting ticalc do
>anything?  Not really, it will just keep you from getting programs from it.
> Then after the previous arguments is there a point to a boycott?  No.
>Oh yeah, I forgot one reason not to.  Will the ticalc staff care if you
>boycott their site?  No.
>

>Sony is getting ready to lay off 1700 people. Are you going to boycott
>sony too?

I completely agree with a boycott...except that I nowhere else to go until
other mailing lists are up and running.  Bryan Rabeler himself is seriously
considering making his own site for calculator programs.  If you think
about it, the ticalc.org server has to get a minimal amount of hits every
single week in order to keep the internet connection it is on.  Boycotting
ticalc.org will force the owners to drop its connection speed.  If no one
visits ticalc.org, morale among the coordinators will be destroyed, the
rest of the staff will be in chaos, and people will be leaving ticalc.org
left and right.  Boycott is one of the oldest and most successful methods
used even though it is viewed, in many people's eyes, as pointless.
Without boycott, Civil Rights would not exist.  Think about that for a
minute.  Blacks want civil rights, we want a staff that is happy and we
want to be happy.  Bryan played a MAJOR role in making ticalc.org,
ticalc.org.  Firing Bryan made everyone shocked and upset.  So, a boycott
may not get his job back, but at least it will demonstrate that **WE** the
people, not the coordinators, hold the power of ticalc.org.

        Thomas J. Hruska -- shinelight@detroit.crosswinds.net
                    http://click-on.to/shinelight