Re: SD: RE: New operating system...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SD: RE: New operating system...

You could develop a whole OpenGL86. That would actually be pretty cool :)

If you mess with parts of memory, it will mess up the TIOS if you try to
use it. The logical answer to this problem is: don't use the TIOS. Just
don't put a quit option in your program.

--James

>allotment.  It is an artistic limitiation to say the least.  Here is
>one
>project that I want to do, but becasue of the current OS, I find it
>hard
>to imagine how to implement correctly:  A 3-bit 3d rindering program
>with a full Zbuffer.  With he help of a friend of mine, I have come up
>
>with a recursive triangle drawing routine that will draw any sized
>triangle, by building it form a data bank of pre-drawn triangles.
>This
>data bank itself takes up 4Kbytes. The good thing about this routnie
>is
>that in terms of speed, it favors small triangles.  Small triangles
>require no calculations to draw.  And slightly larger triangles only
>experience a small recursive load.  So objects with lots of polygons
>would actually be favored by this routine over 3d objects with few big
>
>polygons.  Then there are the Cos/Sin tables, and the Multiplication
>tables.  Plus there needs to be room somewhere to actually load the 3d

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]