Re: SD: RE: New operating system...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SD: RE: New operating system...

In a message dated 2/20/99 12:54:22 PM Eastern Standard Time,
richardlewis@cedarcity.net writes:

<< Technically the TI-OS is still running while a shell is, unless you disable
 interrupts.  It is still grabbing keys, updating the busy indicator, etc.

 And under ZShell on the TI-85, you could set it up so you can break from a
 program.  There is a little know routine at $0462 (I think; I'd have to
 look it up to be sure) that returns to the Home Screen, resets the stack,
 etc.  That's how 85 shells return control to the ROM.  There's also an
 Error handler that you can break a program with on the 85. >>

i'm not sure on that routine's address either.  i have used it.  what it does
though is that it breaks from the program, clears the display, displays each
character (numberical value) on the screen accoding to the value and which
address in the text memory it resides.  the problem is that sometimes you can
have a nul character in the text memory and it is possible for it to crash
sometimes.  other times you can not access the shell using the custom menu
again.  i have used the call but i'm not sure on the address.

jimi malcolm