Re: SD: InfoSite has been redone.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SD: InfoSite has been redone.

It has to do with it.

You called the TI-protocl a driver in rom.

i am saying the ti-protocol isnt a driver, it is the way the driver does
things.
therefore, if i were to do things the same way as the driver does them, i
am following there protocol.

there is antoehr layer that the driver does use that i am not using, which
is the way the variables are sent across the calculators.

we are using the first layer, but not the second.

At 07:09 PM 10/21/98 -0800, you wrote:

>>a protocl is just the way something is done over and over.
>>aka, the way the bits are twiddled when a byte is sent over the link port
>
>And that has to do with what we're talking about in what way?  .:)
>
>>>The TI-Protocol is a hardware driver, and the EuP Link routines are
>>>software that uses the underlying TI-Protocol which uses hardware.
>>>
>>>In the case of the EII, the TI-Protocal routines aren't called from rom, so
>>>the EII software application could be considered a driver that "drives" the
>>>hardware.  :)

>>>And if I said my tape backup drive was used for making toast it wouldn't
>>>matter to my 2,000 readers that follow the ACPlay.  :)
>>hehe. youalways make me laugh. :))
>>

>>>Grant
>>>
>>-Jonathan Kaus
>>kaus@cybrzn.com