SD: Real numbers, math shell devlopment, etc......

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

SD: Real numbers, math shell devlopment, etc......

I've been developing over the past few weeks a shell for the TI-82 that contains some basic math functions (i.e. quadratic formula, completing the square, other algebra/calculus material)...

My structure for the shell is complete except for the functions themselves which need to prompt the user for real numbers (must be able to input negatives and decimals), store them in a variable [mem address], and use them for mathematical calculations (i'm pretty sure I'll be using the OP* registers). How can I prompt the user for these numbers, echo that input (would setting bit 3 of (IY+08) help?), and store these numbers in usable form in memory?

Thanks in advance,

Omsicle