Re: SD: Got a proposition

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SD: Got a proposition

-> > Actually I'd say the best way to learn ASM is to make a shell.  Thats
-> > when
-> > all my skills popped out.  Shell development will give you a much
-> > better
-> > understanding of how things work than just programming like normal.
->
-> That's what I thought when I decided to learn ASM.  And I was right.
-> I've learned so much more from attempting to write a shell than I ever
-> would have had I tried to write a game.
->
-> > Remapping can be difficult, but not impossible.  Find a chart that
-> > gives
-> > the hesidecimal equivalents of all the commands, and examine the
-> > header file
-> > you use, too.  That sould give you some understanding.  You just need
-> > search for a command, or any refence to IY, then change it.
->
-> Can you expand on that any?  I'm not entirely sure how to search for the
-> command, or how to replace it.

Use the string searchers (CPI,CPIR, etc.) to find stuff.  Then just put
your own stuff in it's place.