Re: SD: Re: DHOS Shell

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SD: Re: DHOS Shell

<snip>

>text isn't a standard... windows/dos uses <cr><lf> to end a line while

Text is a standard if you choose to code your text in the standard.
(Unicode, the new 32-bit standard for characters is the same on any
platform. See http://www.unicode.org for more information.)

The line feed and carriage return will be seen as whitespace. I'm defining
whitespace the same way that C++ defines whitespace.

>ascii and ebdic (sp?) are different standards for text... ebdic is a
>proprietary IBM text format... and the extended ascii character set is
>different on most systems (ie. MacOS vs. Win/dos)... the DHOS team would
>have to decide on a "standard" for text.

Enter Unicode.

I have been discussing this idea with Kaus. I'm going to write up the first
draft of the idea and then send it out to everyone. This should explain
everything that the new shell scripting language will preform but yet,
anyone will be able to write there own shell.

~~ Dan ~~