SD: DH85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

SD: DH85

First off, I apologize for not knowing the three letter acronym used in
the subject field for filtering.  I'm sorry if this letter got misfiled
by anyone's email client.

OK, I'm talking about DH85, obviously.  I had previously said I have no
coding experience, but would be glad to help with a GUI.  Here are my
preliminary GUI pics.  Of course these are crappy, and I know they will
get better as time goes on.

In the icons file (dh-graph.gif), the letters corrospond to:

a) regular file-sys folder or control panel
b) system folder
c) E2 expander (analogous to hard drive)
d) linking capabilities (whatever they may be)

I have some more icons to do, namely 85s, 85i, and "other" filetype
icons.  I realize I may be jumping the gun but I wanted to get this GUI
stuff out there so people can start commenting.

In the OS pic, the four icons I've drawn are used, along with the stuff
at the top ("clicking" on it brings up an about box) and the exit
portal.  I chose the portal analogy just because it seemed cool.  The
OEM logo can be specified either by the user or by the distributer.  I
recommend making it distributer-supplied but user-changeable, unlink the
OEM logo in Windows 95 (well technically it is changeable, but it's
undocumented).

I probably won't post a whole lot, and may take a few days to respond to
email.  Tough classes this term.  =(

--Matt Cooper / mnemonicdevice@hotmail.com