SD: SuperNova

[Prev][Index][Thread]

SD: SuperNova

Dear TI-85 User,

         Many people in the TI85 community have expressed their concern
about the status of SuperNova SDK-4.  Some fear that our shell will
never be released because we haven't posted any new releases.
       These rumors are completely false.  Nova Coders is still
dedicated to release SuperNova.  An important thing one must realize, is
that the Nova Team is made up of high school students.  SuperNova is our
hobby and we are doing it for fun.  We are not getting money from it.
We are not doing it for a school project.  We are not getting extra
credit in school.  All we
get out of our hard work, is the experience of a lifetime.
         We had hoped to work extensively during the Summer, but we were
taking university courses to expand our knowledge.  Today, we are
working diligently on our college applications.  On top of that, we are
also working on our new game for the IBM PC.  We simply cannot do
everything all at once.
         Due to many requests for our April SDK-3, we are releasing it
to the public at our website.  Please realize that SDK-3 is an old
version and does not contain automatic program_addr, nor multiple
interrupt support. However it is fully ZShell compatible, supports
plug-ins, libraries, startup, shutdown, multiple interfaces, and is very
stable.
        Please, we ask the community to be patient.  Soon, we will have
SDK-4 and it will be worth the wait.  SDK-4 will have automatic
program_address, multiple interrupt support, and, if all goes well,
USGard compatibility.  In the mean time,
enjoy USGard on your calculator , and visit our new homepage at
http://www-leland.stanford.edu/~alexisd/NovaCoders/ to download
SuperNova SDK-3 and a beta of our new untitled PC game.  Thank you.

                                         Sincerely,
                                         Alan Dang
                                         David Chen
                                         Jonathan Chang.