SD: Doom / rather wolf-like

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

SD: Doom / rather wolf-like

hi.
I am the doom developper on ti 92: i will spend a few days now to modify
greatly my code: it needs to be cleaned after the great rush of the
programming...
Thus, i would be interested to hear of any ideas for future developements of
doom.
The finished program with such improvement should take 10 to 15k of mem (
with one level of 64*32 ( current ones are 16*16 ) : one level = 4k ) and
should require 4 to 8 kb of free mem... ( perhaps 12 )
Here are planned improvements:

1) graphics: * title pic ( i just began: it is not quite awfull ! :) )
                  * graphics precision
                  * a toolbar

2) the ability to change the screen size

3) bugs correction

4) monsters of course ( this will be done last: it requires quite some job
and a clean code )

5) if monsters, there will be an option to enable or disable textures (  very
easy to implement if i allready have monsters )

6) there will be only one saving slot and levels will be separate libraries (
each around 4k : size depends if you want new monsters on each level )

not planned improvements:

grayscale graphics for the game : they are theoricaly possible ( the screen
is refreshed at 100 hz and we need at least 25*4=100 pics per seconds ) but
there will probably be flickering and i am looking forward to at least 27
ips.

I would be interested in working with someone: any serious programmer ( with
motives: it is huge work ! ) may email me for info.

Ideas and or comments are wellcome.

Mathieu, <hm lacage@aol.com>