SD: Common File formats

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

SD: Common File formats

>Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 21:33:41 -0700
>To: ess.andreas@computerhaus.at
>From: Jonathan Chang <coder@geocities.com>
>Subject: Common File formats
>
>Salutations,
>        This is sort of an informal letter, written just off the top of my
head. I haven't a clue as to what you guys are doing, but I've been
finishing up SuperNova and coming up with new ideas.  I REALLY don't want a
struggle between our two parties.   Instead I really want to cooperate, so
please reply as the longer we wait to decide on a common file format the
more fragmented the ti community becomes.
>        Most importantly I believe that we should work on the library
system.  Neither of ours is perfect.  Each has its good points and bad ones
as well.  Perhaps if we communicate our thoughts to each other and try to
work out a solution together that will most benefit the users.  At the
moment both of our library systems pale in comparison to even the worst
libraries in Windows or Unix.  We are at a primitive state right now and we
should push forward in an attempt to integrate the best of both of our
shells into a unified platform.