Re: SD: Re: Compatibility...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: SD: Re: Compatibility...

Ess Andreas wrote:

> > I have read some messages about having libraries made _exclusively_ for
> > Usgard, or whatever shell...
> The programmers have to decide.
Well, in _my_ opinion then, ZShell has already won.  Bottom line?--NO
ONE is going to wanna write a program that will only work on ONLY ONE
shell.  Come on, you KNOW that EVERYONE here is _NEVER_ going to agree
on one shell that we all like.  :|  So we're all gonna end up sticking
with the ZShell format.

> And the system most supported will win.
Once again, ZShell.  ;)  *thinks*  Now keep in mind that ZShell (the
shell itself) will not win, but the format of the strings and doing
ROM_CALLS and whatnot WILL win.

> Besides that, expander is also available to Z/CShell.
True, but you STILL have to ask yourself:  "What percentage of EVERYONE
that owns a TI-85 is ALSO going to own an expander?"  My guess?--less
than 1%.  I remember Mel saying that he KNOWS that 75 exist... but how
many TI-85s exist?  Probably well over 500,000!

--
~Keith
TSK3000@Prodigy.Net