Re: SD: TI-82 shell methods on the TI-85

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

On 23 Aug 97 at 19:49, Richardlewis wrote:

> I just had a thought.  Does anybody know how TI-82 shells were
> developed, and could give me a in-depth explanation of how it works, and
> wether the TI-85 could do it the same way?
> It might be worth it, to make an 85 shell based on the same principals.
> If so, I'm going to write mine around that, instead of around custom
> pointers.

I've written a document which describes how TI-82 assembler was
developed. You should find it if you search for "Hacking the TI-82
calculator" on ticalc.org,

The method used to start assembler programs on TI-82 works just as
well on TI-85. My 85 was actually the first calculator to try this
method since I didn't have an 82 when I first got the idea. But why
would you use this rather clumsy way when you've got the custom menu
hack?

 Mattias Lindqvist