Re: LZ-Adv: Clearing up some TI-82 confusion.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Dines Justesen wrote:

> Mattias Lindqvist wrote:
> >
> > Thanks for the information. That sounds challenging! ;-)  I won't give
> > that up before I've tried.
> >
> > On 24 Oct 96 at 17:42, Martin Hock wrote:
> >
> [snip]
> > > To clear up one point: it does NOT have named variables.  This makes
> > > programming suck.  The variable handling is very inconsistent.  The real
> > > variables are fixed as A-Z and theta.  The list variables (1-dimensional
> > > array) are L1-L10, I think.  And the matrix variables (2-dimensional array)
> > > are A1-A6, I think.  The picture variables are Pic1-Pic10, etcetera.  Very
> > > annoying.  The only things on the calculator that you can name are programs,
> > > and these only A-Z, 0-9, and theta.  We'll get to lowercase later.
> [alot of info deleted]
>
> >From what i have heard the ti82 and ti83 is very much a like, and based
> on the
> info from ti and the ti83 I do not think the it is impossible to make a
> zshell
> for he ti82.
>
> Most of the basic things in the rom is the same in the ti83 and the
> ti85, so i
> would expect it to be true in the ti82 too. Since all the calculators
> uses almost
> the same format for floating point number, i do not think stoing a value
> like
> E145 in a real would be any problem.
>
> The limited number of variables should not be a problem, all we need is
> a real
> and a string/program which can be used to stor a long program.
>
> So the ti82 might be hard to use, but i can not see why this should make
> an asm
> shell impossible. A lot of people uses the ti82, so i think that a
> zshell for
> the ti82 would be great. If we got a shell working i think that a lot
> more
> people would start programming in asm , which would give us more
> programs.
> besides that it is a great challenge to "crack" the ti82 system and get
> some asm
> runing. I will certainly try to get acces to an ti82 so i can try out
> some of this.
>
> --
> _______________________________________
>
> Dines Justesen
> Email: dines@post1.com or
>        c958362@student.dtu.dk
> WWW  : http://www.gbar.dtu.dk/~c958362/

How would you go about trying to run these asm programs.  It's
somewhat simple using a computer to store them in a variable, like a
prgm, but there is no way to run the program, unless you do something
inside the calc or rewrite a backup, but _all_ the routines are in rom(I
think), so that wouldn't do much.  Just wondereing how oyu would do htat.

<pre>
--
Compliments of: