Re: LZ-Adv: Clearing up some TI-82 confusion.

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Mattias Lindqvist wrote:

> Thanks for the information. That sounds challenging! ;-)  I won't give
> that up before I've tried.
>
> On 24 Oct 96 at 17:42, Martin Hock wrote:

[snip]
> > To clear up one point: it does NOT have named variables.  This makes
> > programming suck.  The variable handling is very inconsistent.  The real
> > variables are fixed as A-Z and theta.  The list variables (1-dimensional
> > array) are L1-L10, I think.  And the matrix variables (2-dimensional array)
> > are A1-A6, I think.  The picture variables are Pic1-Pic10, etcetera.  Very
> > annoying.  The only things on the calculator that you can name are programs,
> > and these only A-Z, 0-9, and theta.  We'll get to lowercase later.
[alot of info deleted]

>From what i have heard the ti82 and ti83 is very much a like, and based
on the
info from ti and the ti83 I do not think the it is impossible to make a
zshell
for he ti82.

Most of the basic things in the rom is the same in the ti83 and the
ti85, so i
would expect it to be true in the ti82 too. Since all the calculators
uses almost
the same format for floating point number, i do not think stoing a value
like
E145 in a real would be any problem.

The limited number of variables should not be a problem, all we need is
a real
and a string/program which can be used to stor a long program.

So the ti82 might be hard to use, but i can not see why this should make
an asm
shell impossible. A lot of people uses the ti82, so i think that a
zshell for
the ti82 would be great. If we got a shell working i think that a lot
more
people would start programming in asm , which would give us more
programs.
besides that it is a great challenge to "crack" the ti82 system and get
some asm
runing. I will certainly try to get acces to an ti82 so i can try out
some of this.

<pre>
--

Dines Justesen