Re: LZ-Adv: ZShell v5.0? Ti85 emulator 2.0?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Magnus Hagander wrote:

> On Fri, 15 Nov 1996, Myron Busch wrote:
>
> > When will ZShell v5.0 be released?
> It's being worked on, but not too fast. I have too many other things
> going..
>
> > Did the developers working on this jump to the ti92?
> Not me. Rob did, but I'm still devoted to ZShell.
>
> > If this is the case, perhaps the torch should be
> > passed.  ZShell could perhaps become GNU.  Library support, relocation,
> > and auto shut off features need to be added and were going to be as I
> > remember.
> These are added. One of them is not working right now, and that's the
> holdup. It works when I try it, but as soon as I do something else that is
> based on it, it does not work :(

Maybe I could take a look at it?  I was the first to use a library
basically,
with Scrolls.  Also, I was the first to post relocator code, in fact
someone
used the source code and made a utility to automatically make ZShell
executables relocatable.

ZShell 5.0 will be downward compatible right?

> > I have the Ti85 emulator version 2.0, but I noticed that it doesn't
> > appear to be on any www site.  I only see v1.5 on the David Ellsworth
> > site.  Version 2.0 is dated May 1996!  (This is reminds me, why
> > was Fargo only recently released, even though the files are dated in
> > September!)
> Hmm. If you find it, UL to ftp.ticalc.org. Then we can put it up there..

I will do that.  Version 2.0 is a lot faster since the z80 cpu is in
asm.  In
fact, I also have a copy of the source code.  The unfortunate thing
about the
source code is that it mostly lacks internal documentation.  I think I
may add
mouse support.  Since the keyboard handler is overly complex and
undocumented,
I think I will make my mouse component use keyboard scan codes and call
the
same function that the keyboard uses. It also needs the ability to load
.85
files directly from disk.  This could be done by modifying the DoIn and
DoOut
functions.

Do you want a copy of the source code?  I guess the source code is not
suppose
to be publicly released.