LZ-Adv: Help with zshell program and crashing

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

LZ-Adv: Help with zshell program and crashing

In light of the discussion of plotting pixels and Jimmy Mardell's new
tutorial on the same, I figured I would see what I could do.  I am new
to asm programming, but I kind of like seeing how things work on my own
(yes I am aware of FIND_PIXEL, but I want to make it work without, first
so that I understand the inner workings of how the pixels are plotted).
 Anyway, I quickly whipped together the following code and my pixel got
plotted right where I expected it too.  Unfortunately, when I press a
key, I get 2 1/2 rows of boxes and the TI 85 freezes up.  Can anyone
point out what I am doing wrong?  For what it is worth, I have ROM v.10.

#include "TI-85.H"   	;this is the most current version - I think

.org 0			;Does this tell the calc where the prgm starts?

.db "Graph a point",0

        ld a,4
        out (5),a

        ROM_CALL(CLEARLCD)

        ld a,1			;these two put a pixel at bit 7
        ld ($FC00), a		;of byte 1 of the video mem

Wait:

        call GET_KEY	;I wanted to check the keypad
        cp 0		;compare the a reg with 0
        JUMP_Z(Wait)	;if zero flag gets set, loop back (no keypress)

        ret z		;return to zshell;  (I think my problem is here,
			;but I took this command from another prgm)
.end

I really would appreciate any input.

TIA

Mark