Re: Which to go for...89 or 92+?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which to go for...89 or 92+?

The 92+ does have have any expansion ports.  The Flash ROM takes care of any
expansion needs.

Many people enjoy the 92+'s wider screen and qwerty keyboard, while others
enjoy the 89's smaller size and keyboard that can be managed with one hand.
If you intend to write programs directly on the calculator (as opposed to
writing them on the PC and transferring them to the calc via link cable) the
qwerty keyboard is a great advantage.  The 92+ comes included with the
ability to install the geometry application free, for the 89 you must buy
the geometry application for $30, which is of course the price difference
between the 89 and 92+.  Some people complain that the 89 uses a smaller,
harder to see font than the 92+ due to the smaller screen.  The 92 has an
old nickname, "the brick".

Hope this helps.