Re: how much flash rom do i have??

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: how much flash rom do i have??

With AMS 2 you get around 700 K of Archive space.  AMS 1 is larger so it's a
little less.  Plus AMS 1 didn't account for Flash Applications.  HW1 89's
split that 700K into 350 K archive and 350 K that only Flash Apps can go in.
 With HW2 the entire 700 K is available for either.

By the way, VTI actually emulates HW1, even though the about screen says
HW2, and that Street Fighter Zip file isn't all files that you send to the
calculator.

>this may seem a really dumb question, but can you answer it?
>on my actual ti89 (HW version 2.00, AMS ver 2.03), the mem screen says i
have
>about 370kb of flashrom free, and 316kb of flashapp installed, with about
31kb
>in archived variables.
>
>on VTI, running a ti89 (HW version 2.00, AMS ver 2.05), the mem screen says
>pretty much that same things - 645kb flash rom free, 0 kb flashapps.
>
>But the manual which came with my ti89 (which seems to be written for a
ti89
>with AMS ver 1.00 and no mentioned hardware version), says (on page ix)
that the
>ti89 has "about 188K of user available RAM....[and]...about 384K of user
data
>archive". No mention of flash ROM, although the manual does have the big
FLASH
>logo on it. And the MEM screens in the manual don't mention "Flash ROM
Free",