Re: Base 2 and HEX

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Base 2 and HEX

Future Beacon wrote:
> I would like to be able to get log base 2 of an integer conveniently
> and optionally display the answer in binary, hex, or decimal.  Is
> there a TI model that will do that?

I'm pretty sure the TI-92 can do this, but mine is at home at the
moment, however ...

> If it is overkill to buy a Palm Pilot, the high end TI calculators
> must be less expensive.  Is that right?

Perhaps less expensive than a Palm but not less expensive than a
Handspring Visor. An unrelated thread is why aren't there any decent
calculator packages for the Palm, I own both and use my TI-92+ for all
my calculating. Perhaps its the easy to press keys (Palm type devices
have to simulate keys using their display)

--Chuck