Re: Base 2 and HEX

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Base 2 and HEX

RWW Taylor,

Thank you for your reply.

I am interested in selecting a calculator that would provide
displayed answers in binary and hexadecimal.  The calculations
mostly involve add and multiply but sometimes involve logs.
While the minimum capability that would interest me is just getting
the displayed answers in signed base 2 or hex, there is no level
of calculation or program complexity in these bases that would
disinterest me.  From your description, I would hope for the
combined capabilities of the TI-86 and the TI-89 or TI-92.

Confining calculation to integers would be acceptable, but not if
the answers are displayed in base 10.

I'm not familiar with these calculators.  If the TI-92 can do the
hex and binary calculation that can be done by the TI-86, it would
seem like a workable choice.  The symbolic manipulation features
sound interesting and programming capability is very much of
interest to me.

I hope this answers your questions.  I appreciate your help.

Jim Trek