Teaching Modeling Advise Sought

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Teaching Modeling Advise Sought

I’m looking for advise. Next semester I’m teaching Calculus for Business & Social
Studies.
Some students will have had Pre-Calculus but most just Intermediate Algebra for
back ground.
Some will be enthusiastic about Mathematics but most will be tentative at best. I
will require the TI-89/92+. I would like to use CALCULUS CONCEPTS An Informal
Approach to the Mathematics of Change by Latorre, Kenelly, Frtta ,Catpente, and
Harris. This book is very deep into modeling. Does any one have insights or
advise they would be willing to share about teaching or having been taught by the
modeling approach?

Thanks

Gary Wardall
NAS UWGB