From: Ray Kremer [mailto:raykremer@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2000 2:29 AM
To: TMEEC@ci.salisbury.nc.us
Subject: Re: TI vs. HP

I don't want to go back and look up what this was in response to, but a
couple comments:

>       Well, for those lucky enough to have downloaded it, HP used to offer
>a  computer emulation program of the HP49G with manual. So, if you didn't
>own one, you could try the HP49G out. I have a HP-48G or S somewhere
>(collecting dust).
---------------------
I did download a copy when it was around, but I've never bothered to try it.
  www.hpcalc.org kept a copy on their page for downloading.
----------------------
Don't use it much because its RPN. [If RPN is so hot, why
>is HP seeking the Algebraic market. Why isn't TI seeking the RPN market?
>I've programmed for years & frankly I hate RPN anything. The reason
>computers manage stacks for us (humans) is because we do not think that
>way.
>(Most of us.)]
The people who learned RPN when there was no other option (before calcs had
enough power for algebriac notation) swear by it.  But they're the only ones
who do.  I am told that once you get used to it it is very efficient.  It's
getting used to it that's hard.