Re: A quicky: converting long to int in asm

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A quicky: converting long to int in asm

Is there some special significance to the number 1.25 ? That happens
to be exactly 5/4, which makes things real easy...  The assemblerish
way to do this sort of thing would be shift a copy of the number left
twice, add the original number, then shift right twice.

Why solve a general problem when you can deal with a special case?

RWW Taylor
National Technical Institute for the Deaf
Rochester Institute of Technology
Rochester NY 14623

arnout.engelen@beer.com writes