Re: For Sale: TI-85 Graphing Calculator ViewScreen Calculator &

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: For Sale: TI-85 Graphing Calculator ViewScreen Calculator & Kit

----- Original Message -----
From: Ray Kremer <raykremer@HOTMAIL.COM>
To: <CALC-TI@LISTS.PPP.TI.COM>
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2000 12:21 AM
Subject: Re: For Sale: TI-85 Graphing Calculator ViewScreen Calculator & Kit

> That's way off topic, but since you mention it, what has Bill Clinton done
> for me?  Balance the federal budget?  No, wait, that was the Republican
> congress.

Uh... WHO was President at the time? You might do better crediting Reagan
with balancing the budget via trickle-down. Just ignore the fact that it
began 15 years prior, that few believed in it, and that the deficit under
him grew astronomically.

> Provide national health care?  No, wait, he couldn't get that
> past a congress that was dominated by his own political party.  Oh yes,
now
> I remember, he raised my taxes!

Aren't you thinking of George Bush? Oh, wait. HE didn't raise taxes--he
promised he wouldn't--we read his lips--remember? Yeah. It must have been
the Democrat-dominated congress.

But WHO was president when the Dow and NASDAQ rose to all-time highs? Or
should we credit the Republican congress? Or Alan Greenspan? Didn't Reagan
appoint him? Yeah. Credit Greenspan.

And WHO was president when unemployment shrunk to its lowest rate in many
years? Ah, it doesn't matter. Just credit the Republicans again. We all know
how much they value jobs for the lower classes. And health care for them,
for that matter. And public schools. And yadda yadda...

This is EXACTLY why I majored in and taught math. It's impossible to twist
mathematical facts to "prove" your point.

Dave Slomer
Greenhills, OH
david.slomer@uc.edu
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/8692/

> >Please don't disrespect my Commander in Chief in that manner. He's done
> more
> >for you than you can ever fathom. But people still have to take potshots
at
> >him for a mistake he's long paid for.
>
> >>"I did not have sex with Bill Gates, nor did I coerce him into lying
under
> >>oath to protect my faltering political career," - Bill Clinton,
President,