Re: Replacement Screen

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Replacement Screen

If nothing else, I'd keep it around just for spare parts. I had an 85 that
got ruined by water (my backpack got stolen, stupid vandals :( ), but I kept
it around. When my new(er) 85's link port broke, I just cracked the case,
unsoldered the broken one, put in the new one, and away I went. (Actually,
the story's a bit more complicated, but it's more flattering if I don't tell
you that I managed to rip off one of the solder pads in the process
(OOPS!)). As for replacing the screen, it'd be a very difficult process due
to the way that it is connected to the board with flexible film cables,
which are very hard to do anything with. The only option I can think of is
if you found another 86 where the main (bigger) board was busted, and take
the two good bits and combine them. IIRC, the inter-board cable is still
flexible plastic, but it's not that big and wouldn't be too challenging to
replace with some ribbon cable.

If none of that sounds appealing, I'd take it off your hands for $5.

--
Rob Lion            bnrnl@ix.netcom.com
M-A's Dez III          rob.lion@sun.com

26863-36FC44CD-39@newsd-274.iap.bryant.webtv.net">news:26863-36FC44CD-39@newsd-274.iap.bryant.webtv.net...