Re: TI-83 lockup

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: TI-83 lockup

n is the variable used in sequence graphing.

--
Daniel Moraseski
http://members.xoom.com/spui/ - FL and NJ roads, and also a list of all
    Hi wrote in message <7cpqnk$6fo$1@news-2.news.gte.net>...
    Ok, people aren't going to just hand you their calculator so that you
can reset it.  You have to make them want to give it to you, and keep giving
it to you.  What do most people want most on their calculator?  Games!  If
you have a "new" game that they don't, they'll want it.  Enter this on the
home screen:
    "":expr(Ans
    and it will crash the calculator.  This can also be added to the
beginning of a program, like a new game so that it will crash on the x time
it is run.  In the catalog there is an n which you can store positive
integers to.  n should be 0 because that is what the calculator sets it to
when it is reset.  Enter this at the beginning of a basic program:

    If n=51:Goto 1
    n+1->n
    If n\not=\50:Goto 1
    "":expr(Ans
    Lbl 1

    In this case, if n=51, it will never crash, and you will be safe.  n
does not show up on the link menu or the memory menu, which means that only
you and people you protect would be safe.  This really works; I have done
it.  I have also changed some asm games so that they will only run under the
AShell that I have also found a way to edit.  AShell will crash after it is
run about 50 times unless the user also has some of my programs on it.  Only
people I like have these programs...  I did it because people always find it
amusing that I use my calculator so much, and all they know how to do on it
is basic math and games.  They have even come to me to get it out of split
screen mode, because they didn't know how.  Once, someone couldn't play any
games because he had loaded more than it had memory for, and he needed me to
"fix" it for him.  He didn't know how to delete anything - after having it a
whole year.  Well, have fun. :)