Re: *NEW* ticalc.org proposal...

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: *NEW* ticalc.org proposal...

>After reading the whole selection of articles revolving around getting
>Bryan Rabeler fired, I have come up with a method of "government" for
>ticalc.org.  Failure to follow the following guidelines means impending
>doom for ticalc.org.

Sounds good to me...

>The first thing that needs to happen is that the four coordinators need to
>step off their high horses and pay attention for a couple minutes of their
>"valuable" time (you can return to your high horses shortly).

Do the coordinators read all the mailing lists, everyday?  Probably not.

>The United States government is collapsing.  Why?  It is due to the fact
>that very few new ideas are coming in.  Bryan kindly put it this way, the
>life-long politicians, who make major decisions, are out of touch with the
>"real world."

Exactly...

>Ticalc.org = United States government.  Do I need to tell people that the
>coordinator ideas are going to get stale because they are out of touch with
>the real world?  After reading responses to Bryan's e-mails to the lists,
>they have nice words but, to be blunt, they are full of emptiness.  They
>can't seem to prove how Kirk or anyone else can fill the position that
>Bryan held.  The coordinators haven't touched a calculator in ages!

The last sentence is extremely, extremely true.. with the exception of
probably Andy Selle.

>1)  Get rid of the coordinator mailing list.  No secrets must be between
>coordinators and the rest of the ticalc.org.  The COMMUNIST TRIAD =
>TICALC.ORG'S 4 COORDINATORS!  When Russia was still communist, there was a
>Triad that had total authority and power.  Over and over, dictatorships
>have proven faulty, yet ticalc.org has turned into one.  However, just like
>the communist Triad (which met in secret late at night), the coordinators
>have decided that it is best to follow in the Triad's footsteps with a
>separate, secret mailing list.  REMEMBER!  THOSE WHO DO NOT STUDY HISTORY
>ARE ***DOOMED*** TO REPEAT IT!!!!!!!!

I never said there was a coordinator mailing list, but there most likely is
one.  If there isn't, the coordinators do talk with eachother often and
probably even hold regular meetings.  I do agree with you on the point about
secrets.

>they work hard).  If you vote, the same old staff members will end up with
>the position of coordinator.  NO NEW IDEAS = DEAD ticalc.org.  To keep

Exactly!  It almost seems like the system was invented to keep the same 4
coordinators forever.

>1)  Keep their section WELL maintained.  (1 review a week is unacceptable,
>1 review a day is tolerable, 1 review every 5 hours is well maintained).

I would say 1 review a day is pretty good, 2 a day would be outstanding.

>2)  Have a positive, helping attitude.  (Must be willing to answer people's
>questions within 24 hours of e-mail, IRC, etc.).
>3)  Have a thourough understanding of the calculators they own...including
>ASM & BASIC programming.
>4)  Must be without a violation or offense for at least 2 months (arguing
>on mailing lists isn't a violation but erasing TI-Files is...in other
>words, hurting the reputation of the entire ticalc.org staff is
>unacceptable).  A person who is on ticalc.org staff cannot be fired by no
>one except themselves.

Well, I think there should be a way to fire someone if they have done
so-called "high crimes", but it shouldn't be the 4 coordinators meeing in
secret to decide it.

>5)  Must have been part of the ticalc.org staff for 6 months and have
>worked on a major calculator (BASIC/ASM) project 2 months prior to becoming
>coordinator.
>6)  Must be active on the ticalc.org mailing lists.  (Coincides with #2).
>7)  Must be capable of taking on the extra burden of being a coordinator.
>(Coincides with #1).
>
>On top of all this, a coordinator's term should be dropped to 3 months
>instead of 6.  This allows for more people to be coordinator in a year and
>less chance that a coordinator will become a dictator.  A person on the
>staff can only serve once as coordinator until everyone else, who is
>eligible, has served (somewhat similar to U.N. security council procedure
>for picking the next country to serve on the council).  These are strict
>requirements, but they have been carefully picked to keep ticalc.org's (and
>even TI-Files' and Dimenstion-TI's) staff on their toes.

That sounds good also.

>As I said, failure to follow these recommended changes in staff will result
>in the failure of ticalc.org.  Ticalc.org is currently headed, according to
>history, down the tubes.  Secret mailing lists, a 4 coordinator
>communist-like "Triad," and failure to create new ideas will be the
>downfall of ticalc.org.  HISTORY HAS PROVEN THE NEW TICALC.ORG WILL FAIL!
>Okay, now that I've said what I wanted to, you can return to your high
horses.

Well that's what I predicted when they brought this proposal to the staff
list for the first time.  But no one believed me, however maybe in a couple
months, they will. :)

Bryan