Re: Error in TI-35X

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Error in TI-35X

Neither 55 00 00 00  nor 54 FF FF FF is correct.
Rather: 54 FF FF FF  with remainder of 2 is correct.
Note that 55 00 00 00 is closer than is 54 FF FF FF.

ABS(FE FF FF FF - 3* 55 00 00 00)=1
        and
ABS(FE FF FF FF - 3* 54 FF FF FF)=2

In absolute terms 55 00 00 00 is a better approximation than is 54 FF FF FF.

Good Luck
Gary Wardall