TI-89: Conics, and Algebra II

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-89: Conics, and Algebra II

I just got a TI-89, and I have my midterm for Algebra II in a week. I
know BASIC, but not TI-89 BASIC - I dont have much time to learn it
either. Anyway, here is my question...

Is it possible to do stuff with conics? As in, input the equation and
have it evaluate whether its a parabola, circle, elipse, or hyperbola
and have it find the focus, vertices, axis of symmetry, directrix,
center, radius, major axis, minor axis, slope of asymptotes, transverse
axis, conjugate axis, ALL THAT GOOD STUFF! Maybe print some graphs out
too... I want to know what it can do! Any other Algebra and Geometry
would sure be usefull.... any programs out there (or just some info on
if they can be made). Any info would be much appreciated since Im a
newbie. Thanks.

-Donnie Bielak
droner@princeton.crosswinds.net
Icq: 25040774