Re: x=@n3*PI

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: x=@n3*PI

Dick Smith wrote:

> In article <36A5F12E.4BCD@uh.edu>,
>           Fisher@uh.edu (Glenn Fisher) wrote:
>
> ] The number attached to the @n is to differentiate it form other
> ] arbitrary integers in the same session or problem.  It may take two
> ] or more arbitrary integers to represent all solutions to the problem.
>
> I don't see this (sorry); if n is an arbitrary integer (0, 1, 2, 3, etc.)
> then how is @n25 any different?  I mean, @n25 can take values 0, 1, 2, 3,
> etc. in just the same way.  We don't need @n25, we only need n, IMHO.
>
> Also, if I want n to increment in steps 2 (or some other step size) I can do
> this by introducing 2n, etc. into my general term, which is now made more
> complicated by having @n25 to look at.  eg 2@n25...? Ugh!  Simplicity, or
> rather a lack of unnecessary complication, please.

Suppose you have a problem that returns the solution:
f(...,@n1,...,@n2)
as it's solution.  The function "f" can be whatever, the point is that
the solution is dependent upon two different arbitrary integers.
I think you'll agree that
is not all of the solutions as it doesn't contain f(...,3,...,4).

> Dick
>
> --
> Dick Smith                                           dick@risctex.demon.co.uk
> Acorn Risc PC                                  http://www.risctex.demon.co.uk

| Glenn E. Fisher -retired    Fisher@uh.edu or gefisher@onramp.com |
| Central Computing Services  http://www.uh.edu/~fisher            |
| University of Houston       Houston, Texas                       |
| My home address:      22402 Diane Dr., Spring, Texas 77373-7504  |