Newbies: Free TI calc Videos!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Newbies: Free TI calc Videos!

Hi all,

While visiting the library at school today for books on
"calculus," I made an unexpected discovery when I searched that
particular word. There was a 110min videotape on the shelf for
the TI92! There were also tapes for the 85 and 82. I only had
time to watch about an hour of the TI92 video, and I own an 89,
but everything they discussed applied to the 89 nearly verbatim.
(I must admit, that qwerty keyboard is impressive) In the video,
they discussed many of the calc operations that I had to
struggle through the manual to figure out by myself. It also
brought up many new uses and explanations I hadn't got around to
or thought of yet.

My point is this: the video was free, pretty well done, easy to
follow along with, and right under my nose all along. Heck,
people walking by started interrupting me just to find out what
the name of the tape was.

So here's my suggestion to those of you that are interested in
speeding up the learning curve on your new calc. If you haven't
seen the videos, or checked your library for other calc
materials, give it a try. Also, If you don't find them at your
high school, try the nearest university libraries instead. It's
also a great place to point your friends if they're struggling
to learn a new calc or trying to decide which one to buy.

In hindsight, going to the library for a TI calc videotape seems
like a common sense thing to try and probably everyone else here
has done it a long time ago. However, the thought never occured
to me, and I can't remember reading a tip about it before, so
here it is.

I hope this helps someone out, -Brad