Re: LaPlace Transforms in TI89 and HP48 compared by Perez-Franco

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: LaPlace Transforms in TI89 and HP48 compared by Perez-Franco

I agree, to a point.  It is nice to know about the HP48 so that when first
time calculator buyers want to know which one to buy we can tell them.  Also,
when the HP people say it's better than the TI, they seem to half a valid
point about half of the time.  I don't doubt that there are some very specific
things the HP48 does better than the TI-89.  (Though this doesn't stop the
89 from being easier for students to use.)
However, this is a TI list, and it is bothersome when we spend so much time
dwelling on the HP48.  Especially when someone asks "How do I do x on my TI?"
and some smart-ass replies "Buy an HP48."  That's no help, the asker already
has the TI.  Intelligent commentary on the differences between the two I can
stand, but some of the HP people have some kind of holy war against TI, and
that is very annoying (they also doth protest too much, as if they really
were jealous of something).