Re: A bug on the TI-83

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: A bug on the TI-83

In a message dated 1/12/99 6:25:55 AM Mountain Standard Time,
Robert.Indech@WORLDNET.ATT.NET writes:

> No miles, he's right. Try it on an 83. I just lost all my calc. Now if I can
>  oly toss this into a basic prog.....

What ROM version is your TI-83?   Mine's 1.08...I tried the steps to crash my
calc three times, nothing happened.  Seems like TI fixed all the bugs in ROM
1.08 which is kind of a letdown...I always wanted to crash my calc in some
exotic way.

And while on the subject of TI-83 bugs, can anybody with a TI-83 ROM v1.07 or
earlier try this?

1.  Make a program called "PONG"
2.  Type this into the program:

        Input A

3.  Run the program.
4.  When it asks you for input, press [2ND][QUIT], and then _immediately_
press     [ENTER] to re-run the program.   If you're not fast enough, this
might not work...
5.  Repeat this process until the TI says "Done"...and then press a key.

On one of my friend's calculators, this killed it for a good 15 minutes or so.

-- David Yip      <- get stuck in the web at: http://welcome.to/SITW ->
"Please don't comment on this e-mail address; I know it's stupid."

P.S.  By the way STL...your page is a mess.  Make an INDEX!  :)