Re: Use cursor in programs?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Use cursor in programs?

That is not entirely true--you can make a cursor in BASIC, but it is really
slow. All you do is make a program that plots a series of dots in the shape of a
cursor relative to a given set of (2) coords. Then you write a getkey routine
(in a new program--you can also use labels, but I like separate progs better; it
helps keep things simpler), and make A (or any other var for that matter)
increase 1 if RIGHT is pressed, decrease 1 if LEFT is pressed, increase B (or
any other) 1 if UP is pressed, and decrease 1 if DOWN is pressed. Then you call
the first program to draw the cursor. If anybody wants to see the source code
for this program, go to www.ddaccess.com/d_ramsbrock/programs.htm and download
the file called "CURSOR.ZIP." Just send the whole CURSOR.83G file to your
calc...and there you go.

Daniel