Re: LINKING PROBLEMS with TI-GraphLink and WIN98

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Eden Cohen wrote:

> I have a TI-Graph link. Windows 98. Modem set for COM2, and
> a Serial cable on COM4 (where the Graph link should be).
> These are the settings, so don't say "are you sure you modem
> is really on COMx......".
> I can't seem to configure my COM4 in the "System Properties"
> and there is also some sort of crash between Com2 and Com4,
> so my modem cannot work with the Cable.
> In windows 95, I had to configure COM4 instead of COM2 every
> session I wanted to use it, and when I reseted my computer,
> COM2 worked again.
>
> Please, if you know how to solve this, answer me.
> And either give full answers or no answers, I am tired of all
> these people which answer 2 lines and think that will help.
>
> Thank you in advance.

Pop up your control panel, and go into System. Find COM ports
and open it. Select COM4 and then press [Properties]. Go to the
Resources tab and check the box on the bottom for conflicts.
Also, check the same for COM2. If you want to risk it, turn off
Automatic Settings and tell Windows to use a different 'Basic
Configuration.' If Automatic Settings is off, turn it on.

Another problem may be your BIOS, press [F1]/[Del]/whatever
on start up and look at the addresses for your COM ports. You
may need to change them. (I seriously doubt this, though.)

--
 - Michael Astrauskas (AKA Julian) ICQ UIN: 1946065, Trevelyan
   My Anime-type art: www.geocities.com/timessquare/6300/

Follow-Ups: References: