Re: Which TI should I get?

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Which TI should I get?

The 85, as I've said many times before, is faster than any
>other TI.

Got any idea why? I would have thought it was the 82 because it has
less functions, memory and stuff and everything is already tokenized,
etc. Anyway, my TI-86 seems fast enough, although there's a noticeable
difference for some stuff between it and my 82, I always figured that
was from the fact that it has to parse the commands.

I'd be interested, if we could write a couple of loops on different
calcs and time them to see the speed difference, just out of
curiosity...

But I really don't think the speed difference is that big since they
all have pretty much the same hardware (excluding 92/92+).

Any thoughts? anyone?

To continue the thread, what I appreciate on the 86 is the LCD, much
nicer than the 82, I don't know wich calcs have the new one (83, 86
and 89, I think...).

Merry Xmas

Philipp Keller

Follow-Ups: References: