Re: Help buying a calculator

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Help buying a calculator

>> As for the programming language, yeah, it does differ.  The 89 and 92+ are
>> fairly compatible, and TI-BASIC doesn't differ incredibly, but don't count
>> on being able to use the link cord to get games from a different model.
>> You'll be better off buying a graph link and getting ones that were meant
>> for your calc.  (The school should have one in the computer lab, ask the
>> teacher.)
>>
>I know for a fact that there is 1 program I know of that can link between
>models.  The game ZTetris (or Tetris for the 92) for the 82/83/85/86 is almost
>identical on all these models.  Thus it is possible to link play a 82 to a 92
>for Tetris.

Yes, assembly programs can communicate between models, but you can't GET
programs by linking between models that are incompatible.  If you buy an 89
and everyone around you has 82s and 83s, you cannot get programs from those
other calculators, you need a Graph Link.  Then, after you load ZTetris, you
can link play that game.