TI-85 not linking

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

TI-85 not linking

Hello all,

For the past few months, I have been having a problem with my TI-85's link.
Though everything else works right, whenever I try to transmit something
over the link I get an "Error 35 Link Transmission Error" message. Has this
ever happened to anyone? I thought it might be a hardware problem (broken
solder?), but it doesn't seem like it, really. The only other possibility I
can think of is that it was messed up by ZTetris. It was quite a while ago,
but I believe that this problem started when I ran into a problem with
ZTetris (with the calc-calc link capability), and had to delete all of my
assembly programs. Is there a chance that the link port was put in some
weird mode where it can neither transmit nor receive? I haven't tried
connecting to a computer, but I might soon with a friend's Graph-Link cable.
I don't really want to have to take the calculator apart or have to send it
in to TI, because I have a lot of useful programs I've written that I can't
back up (obviously).

Thanks for any help,

--
Rob Lion            bnrnl@ix.netcom.com