RESOLVED: TIs work correctly, AND people are morons!

[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RESOLVED: TIs work correctly, AND people are morons!

I don't want to see any more <obscenity> posts about the Factor( command on
TI-92s, TI-92+s, and TI-89s. I say two things: TIs work correctly, AND people
are morons! Here's why:
1) The original poster is a moron for not seeing that the "correct" answer and
the "given" answer are actually the same.
2) Almost everyone who responded is a moron for saying the same thing over and
over: "But MY TI does it correctly!" and/or "Perhaps you need to use
parentheses!" This does not include people who pointed out that both the
answers are, in fact, equivalent.

The solution lies in Modes. AUTO and EXACT will give the "desired" answer, the
one with the number attached to the x. APPROX mode will give the "undesired"
answer, with the number factored out. Now, I want there to be no follow-up
posts to this.
This thread DIES HERE!

S.T.L.  ==> STL137@aol.com <==  My quotes page is at:  http://quote.cjb.net
~~~ My main website is at:  http://137.tsx.org ~~~
If you see a message of mine posted on two newsgroups, then it is because I
have replied to a crossposted message. I *never* crosspost of my own accord!
I block all unapproved E-mail. If you wish to talk to me, post to alt.test.9
with the subject "Moo" and your E-mail address in the body. I will allow you
as soon as I sign on next.
"This universe is not hostile, or yet is it friendly. It is simply
indifferent" - John H. Holmes, The Sensible Man's View of Religion